Monday, February 22, 2021

Digging Even Deeper (Sound Edition)

     Hey guys! So I know I know, I already posted about 'digger deeper' with some of my research, but I want to share everything we do to create this film opening and research is a huge part of that. Today's research is a little different from the one before. I am going to touch base with more information regarding how to prepare before creating our film.

    Through our research we were already familiar with most of what we found. This includes knowing the concept of our film, writing/planning a script, storyboards, etc. but while searching online we completely overlooked the sound element for our opening! By this I mean we know what kind of sound we want but are now on a search for the perfect one. We just now spoke about seeing if we can email an artist to see if we can get the rights to use their music. I personally would LOVE to use Shepard Tone. If you are unfamiliar with what Shepard Tone is, it's a sound illusion that seems that it's getting higher in pitch but isn't. This is used by many famous directors to increase the anticipation and intensity of a scene which I think would be perfect (I left a link at the bottom of the post for you guys to listen to Shepard Tone and an explanation of it if you're interested!). As for the rest of the opening we want to use upbeat/happier music to essentially demonstrate a dramatic switch in tone from their present and what led them there. Most likely something in the pop genre but nothing super crazy or loud. 

    That's all I have for you guys today but let me give you a little taste of what's to come this week. We plan on giving you guys the final outline of our plot and opening in the next post, a possible mood board, and much more :) Get ready for next week where you'll I'll be sharing a bit of our shot list and a sneak peak of our story boards! Thanks for reading and stay tuned, have a great day :)

Shepard Tone: https://youtu.be/RQlrSvnG3dg






No comments:

Post a Comment

Converse Review!!!

Hey guys! Trendy Mom here back with another review for you fellow moms! I am hopping back on here to tell you guys about my latest find. As ...